As many of you know, I've been a huge fan of Garmin wearable devices for quite some time. I am also a big fan of Peloton. Peloton records a bunch of metrics, but currently there is no native sync between Peloton and Garmin Connect (the web/back end for Garmin wearable data). However, you can follow these steps, and get usable metrics out!
- Create Strava account (This is free -- Make sure the Strava stuff is all private, unsubscribe from emails, etc.)
- Sync Strava to Peloton bike/tread (you may need to install the app on a mobile device for this)
- Choose to share ride/run/etc to Strava (this will happen automatically at the end of each workout)
- Log into Strava, and choose "Export original" in Strava (like below image)
- Open the file here: http://rodemybike.today/strava-to-garmin-2/
- Scroll down and choose Save file (will result in "for-garmin.tcx" filename) - Upload file to Garmin Connect
- Edit name/minutes/miles/etc that you want
Once you are done, if you had to install the Strava mobile app, you can delete it, as everything will occur automagically behind the scenes now
Additionally, I did write a Perl script (because of course I would) to automate this for myself, and also put in the data for my watch (Garmin fenix 6 Sapphire, and the software version(s)). I can share that with you if you'd like, and if there is enough interest, maybe even put an online converter or something like that on this site somewhere.